January 18, 2006

Navizon adds geotag option to geo-blogging functionality

I have no idea how many of you are on the NAvizon network, but for the 10,000 or so subscribers who are, they've just added a "geo" tag functionality to their mobile blogging service. Here's a bit more about it... Navizon software works by triangulating signal measurements from cell towers and Wi-Fi access points. Once a map of the wireless landscape is created, members can share it with the rest of the Navizon network. The Geotag allows members to post opinions about businesses, restaurants and landmarks, thus creating a completely new way to share geographical information. Once this information has been recorded, each time a new member enters that geographic area, the Geotag information will automatically appear as an icon on their wireless device. See www.navizon.com If you've tried it feel free to ping me... unfortunately, I have a symbian device, however, I'm not on their network

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

> unfortunately, I have a symbian device, however, I'm not on their network

Looking at the site, there is a version for Symbian devices. So I guess, you could be part of the network.