August 03, 2006

The not-so-official Geo hook-up at Dick's Sunday night at 7 - hope to see you there

It's not an "official" SIG or blogosphere meet-up etc.. but Sunday night, 7 PM at Dick's Last Resort is turning out to be a bit of a gathering spot for myself and a number of colleagues, old acquaintances, and others that I've met over the past 7 or 8 years. If you have no plans yet for Sunday night in San Diego and want to meet up with some friendly, beer loving GIS professionals (including yours truly) then I look forward to seeing you at Dick's (look around the patio). No doubt we'll have some lively discussion and there should be a few Canadians there as well.. always loads of fun particularly after 3 or 4 pints! See you there. Hopefully it won't be too packed as there's a Padres game that afternoon (some of us will be there also). If you plan on trying to get there drop me a line and I'll keep my eyes peeled for you... Cheers! Unfortunately I won't be around Wednesday evening to meet up with fantomplanet et al at the blogger meet-up... darn... I fly out at 7:30 PS... Once again I will be blogging plenty from this year's UC so check in right here at gisuser.blogspot.com (aka. www.anygeo.com) and be sure to also see the GISuser flickr for loads of images that I'll be mo-blogging via my Nokia 6682. See http://www.flickr.com/photos/gisuser/

I know the Agenda for the UC this year is HUGE but pull yourself off the potty for a bit and head down to Dick's on Sunday night ;0)

No comments: