July 20, 2007

Woohooo. it came... my new Nokia N95!

Awesome.. it finally came today.. my sweet, new, GPS-enabled Nokia N95.. awesome! The first thing I'll be doing is updating the firmware to the latest (it has enhanced support for assisted GPS), migrating all my data and apps from my old N80 (that's always fun), loading a few new applications (like fring, the latest from Shozu, and some of the cool stuff from Nokia Research labs) - I'll also grab the new Worldmate, an awesome travel app - and of course I'll be stuffing a 2GB MicroSD card inside this badboy so I can enjoy the 5 megapixel camera and high res video to its fullest... the flickr and youtube channel should start seeing some cool stuff! Stay tuned as I plan on documenting my experience of getting up and running with this dream device. Peter Batty and Ed Parsons should have some useful material on their blogs to help out with some issues and the huge collection of N95 resources I started building out at LBSzone.com should also come in handy.. stay tuned! First impressions... the display is HUGE, loads of memory, the battery cover on the back seems flimsy, the demo is really good, there's lots of apps loaded on it, the dual direction slider is way cool.





No comments: