November 02, 2007

checking out Platial again and creating a GIS user Directory map

It's been some time since I've messed around with my Platial map (I created one as a test bed about a year ago or so). I decided today to look into it again and create a simple GIS directory map where company's can easily add to the listing.
Recall Platial recently acquired Frappr, another social mapping application. Feature-rich and simple to use, Platial enables anyone to quickly and easily create a community map for personal use or to open up to others. See below for a simple Platial map that I created in minutes that enables any GIS user to add their company's listing to the map. Simply add a place then enter some related information... quite cool and fun! Add yourself or your company to the map by simply clicking the little add a place to this map icon.




No comments: