December 14, 2007

For more than 50 years, NORAD is Tracking Santa

My annual update on NORAD Santa... those of you who know me recall that I feature this every year... after all, I grew up with this cool resource and am now still having fun watching the service evolve! Once again, beginning at 2:00 am MTN on Christmas Eve, you can track Santa Live as he makes his historic journey around the world! This time you can track him using Google Earth and get glimpses of Saint Nick captured with the NORAD Santa Cams. NORAD has been tracking Santa since 1955 (I recall using this fine service when I was a kid, albeit without the help of Google Earth at that time!). Funded by generous corporate sponsors, these companies enable a fun tracking service by providing computer servers web site design, video imaging, Santa's tracking map, and even the toll free telephone number. The NORAD Tracks Santa Program is managed by the NORAD and United States Northern Command Public Affairs Office at Peterson Air Force Base, Colorado. See more here or jump to noradsanta.org

No comments: