Interesting findings about the Apple iPhone:
Som mixed feelings in the research as about 40% report that it can't display all the websites they want to visit. On the up-side, Phone Bills have increased by an Average of 24% - this is what the carriers want to see!
- Users are young Apple veterans. Half of US iPhone users are under 30, and 75% are prior Apple customers.
-The iPhone is expanding the smartphone market. About 50% of iPhone users replaced conventional mobile phones, while 40% replaced other smartphones. The Motorola Razr was the conventional phone most often replaced, while Microsoft Windows Mobile devices and the RIM Blackberry were the smartphones most often replaced.
- Email is the #1 function. The most used data function on the iPhone is reading (but not writing) email, with about 70% of users doing that at least once a day. About 60% said they browse the web on the iPhone daily.
- The iPhone increases mobile browsing. Over 75% of iPhone users say they do a lot more mobile browsing on it than they did with their previous mobile phone.
- Browsing compatibility problems. About 40% of iPhone users say it has trouble displaying some websites they want to visit. This is probably due at least in part to the absence of Adobe Flash on the iPhone.
- The iPhone drives carrier switching. About half of iPhone users switched carriers to AT&T when they obtained the iPhone.
Download the report at: http://tinyurl.com/2rkyve