October 21, 2008

The Autodesk press mis-hap - original post removed

Please note - regarding the previous post about Autodesk press. Apparently myself and likely other journalists who are registered to receive Autodesk news items were sent, in error, a PR item via the PRnewswire service. The PR appeared to have been sent on behalf of Autodesk and the item was posted on the Autodesk PR website - I have to assume the news service manages the content on that site. I actually check the site this morning because I wanted to verify it was correct.

It seems the PR (apparently from http://www.asbl.com/) was distributed in error. I was contacted by reps from PRnewswire about the matter and they have taken blame for the error and the confusion. Sometimes you do have to shoot the messenger I guess!

No comments: