My latest dealings in real estate are teaching me loads about business. Actually, I've always applied many of these principles to things that I do, however, the experience has showed me that there's many things you need to keep in mind in a real estate deal that you should also apply to your business. Most noteworthy:
- stay informed and do as much research as possible before you make any rash decisions
- got a tough decision to make... sleep on it if possible then decide
- if there's something that others may percieve as a negative, tkae a hard look at the situation and put a positive spin on it
- hiring a contractor... interview atleast 3 of them before you jump in
- be careful when doing business with friends
- use technology... in a competitive environment the one who adopts technology to get a competitive advantage will win
I cold go on and on but I've watched about 27 innings of baseball today and I'm now rambling a bit... go Padres!