December 28, 2006

Useful GIS tools - another "top" list

Like many others, I also love to publish those infamous Top 5 or Top 10 lists frequently seen this time of year. Most recently I just summarized a list of the top downloads for the year from our GIS tools section over at GISuser.com. I have to admit I hadn't looked through the list in detail for a few weeks and I was a bit surprised to see that there are now more than 800 apps, docs, tools etc.. to select from. Most are freeware, shareware, open source, etc... although there are some commercial trailiware apps in there as well. Top downloaded apps this year come from Smartwebonline, Blue Marble Geographics, ESRI, Franson Technology AB, and Refractions Research - see the list of Top Apps HERE and you can download them all from the repository

No comments: