July 04, 2007

Happy 4th and a BBQ Rub recipe from a Miner & Miner BBQ champ!

Happy 4th to all of you celebrating today... I'm sitting around contemplating what to do for the holiday and reading this AM's edition of The Coloradoan. To my surprise I found a cool article about BBQ.. indeed I love to BBQ although I am lacking a bit in equipment and would give my right arm for a way cool smoker... one of these days! To the point... front and center on the Life section we have a great treat in the form or a BBQ rub recipe called "Tom's Texas BBQ Rub"... this comes from a champion BBQ expert originally from Texas and now here in Fort Collins, Tom Tabor. What's cool is Tabor works right down the road from where I am and is employed by Miner & Miner... kudos Tom and thanks for the recipe! FYI, Tabor recently won the Pueblo Boats, Blues, and BBQ Cook-off and has secured a spot in the coveted Kansas City BBQ Contest.
Tom's Texas BBQ Rub:
1/4 cup salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup cumin
1/4 cup chile powder
1/2 cup blk pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne
1/4 cup paprika
1/8 cup onion powder
1/8 cup garlic powder
1/4 tsp rubbed sage
mix and store in a tightly sealed container... mmmmmm

1 comment:

Tom said...

Hi Glenn,

My friends over at Centerpoint Energy in Houston pointed me to your Blog.

I know a few things about GIS and BBQ, but it may be more fun to talk about making good BBQ. Drop me a line if you want to get together sometime and discuss both.

I could even point you in the right direction for a good smoker.

Take Care,

Tom

tom_taber@yahoo.com