In the Android Developer Challenge I, the 50 most promising entries received by March 3 will each receive a $25,000 award to fund further development. Those selected will then be eligible for even greater recognition via ten $275,000 awards and ten $100,000 awards.
Build Your Favorite Mobile Application
We welcome all types of applications but are looking to reward innovative, useful apps that make use of Android's capabilities to deliver a better mobile experience. Here are some suggested areas of focus to get you started:
- Social networking
- Media consumption, management, editing, or sharing, e.g., photos
- Productivity and collaboration such as email, IM, calendar, etc.
- News and information
- Rethinking of traditional user interfaces
- Use of mash-up functionality
- Use of location-based services
- Humanitarian benefits
- Applications in service of global economic development
- Whatever you're excited about!
Google will accept submissions from January 2 through March 3, 2008
Get the SDK at http://code.google.com/android/
Follow the Android Blog: http://android-developers.blogspot.com/
Developer's Challenge: http://code.google.com/android/adc.html
Get started with Android - http://code.google.com/android/intro/index.html
Image from the Android Emulator